Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 19

I should be getting my pom-poms out (if I had any) to cheer you on.  It seems some have fallen off the March Sweater Madness wagon and been knitting other things (cough, cough, Tina!)

Toni, on the other hand,  is creating some beautiful bits of lace, and you can read about her misadventures on her blog.

I finished the right front.  Yes, I messed up the pattern a bit but I convinced myself I can live with it, so it's staying.  I misread the pattern and made the attached collar a bit too narrow (5 stitches' worth), but I couldn't see myself ripping back to the arm hole and re-knitting the front and collar with that bloody chevron pattern again. You're think it would be simple enough, right? Only Knit and Purl stitches to worry about.  Not a chance.  It seems that I'm fixing mistakes from the row before almost at every turn.  Sigh.  Apparently years of knitting experience are not enough to help in pattern execution.  Now I have to pay attention to make the same mistake artistic pattern adjustments on the left front.

I posted a picture of the prize package on Facebook, a sock pattern book and sock yarn.

BTW, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix my inability to post photos on here??  Help?


5 comments:

hd said...

Well, I was about to write a separate post, but Blogger has decided that I can't play. Phoey.

No adult sweaters here, but I just finished up my second Baby Surprise Jacket. One of my eldests daughter's friends is about to hatch.

Meanwhile, I am still on Celebrity Infinity off the coast of South America. You are welcome to follow along but lately the blog has been more about travel and I really need to catch up the knitting portion.

I promise I will play next year. Oh, wait? Do I want to take yarn along to Uganda?

hd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Hey Holly! Did you change your email address? You might have to be re-added. I do enjoy reading about your travels, some what enviously, I must confess. :)

RobinH said...

You might try Firefox- that's what I use to post to Blogger and it seems to work fine.

I vastly overestimated my ability to do a March Madness sweater...I didn't even get to cast on until March 20! I think I'm not going to make it. Probably. Almost certainly. But I did post a photo on my blog.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Thanks so much RobinH! Photos are back! Yay!